Karl Krautshneder Wins PokerStars ANZPT Leg
Homegrown talent continues to flourish Down Under as Melbourne local Karl Krautshneder beat a field of 214 players to become the PokerStars.net Australia New Zealand Poker Tour (ANZPT) Adelaide Champion. For his toils, Karl pocketed $170,215 AUD and became the point leader in the ANZPT player race.
Karl won his way to Adelaide via a satellite on PokerStars and he has been playing poker for four years. He lives in Melbourne where he plays regularly at Crown Casino and online.
The drug and alcohol worker said afterwards: “I feel fantastic after winning my way here on PokerStars for only $31; the whole tournament has been so exciting for me. I am definitely going to playing in more of these, especially as I am now the points leader. I really want to play in some of the APPT events in Asia and this gives me a great chance to get there.”
The tournament started with 215 players, 14 of those travelling from overseas, generating a total prize pool in excess of half a million dollars. Some of Australia and New Zealand’s brightest poker players travelled to Adelaide, including Team PokerStars pros Joe Hachem and Lee Nelson. There was also the PokerStars Team Australia players; Emad Tahtouh, Eric Assadourian, Grant Levy, Joe’s more than capable brother Tony and Celina Lin.
In addition to the prize money, PokerStars.net has agreed to give $5,000 to Karl Krautshneder’s former clinic - Berry Street Victoria.
FINAL TABLE PAYOUTS
1. $170,215 Karl Krautshneder (Victoria, Australia)
2. $111,520 Tony Dunst (Victoria, Australia)
3. $64,565 Daniel Noja (ACT, Australia)
4. $52,825 Mike Stecker (California, USA)
5. $41,085 Dean Nyberg (South Australia, Australia)
6. $29,345 Julius Colman (Victoria, Australia)
7. $23,475 Celina Lin (Victoria, Australia)
8. $17,610 Bruno Potaro (Victoria, Australia)
9. $11,740 James Broom (Victoria, Australia)