Four of ThreeTop strategy to beat those flashy online slots.
Brick-and-mortar casinos rely on one thing when you pull up a stool to a slot machine: distraction. That’s how the coins keep getting pumped in and your attention divided. So the biggest difference in playing online slots is the fact you can customise your own environment and focus on the game in front of you, rather than the showgirls floating around taking drink orders. But how do you use that to your bankroll’s advantage? Basically, winning online slot strategy comes down to a few key points.
1. Play on the slot bonuses offered by online casinos.
2. Be choosey about what game you play—they’re not all the same.
3. Bet aggressively to win more frequently, instead of betting weakly and passively hoping for infrequent jackpots.
4. Learn how to set the right win targets and stop playing once you’ve hit them. You don’t want to grind with a slot—on- or offline—only to give your wins away.
It’s no mystery that online slots, with multitudes of bonuses, strategies and incentives, evolve and develop, so it’s best to be in the front row when new games come off the shelves. Big companies like Microgaming, Boss and Cryptologic come out with new offerings all the time, so keep up on the latest releases from them and others.
Just like in the frenetic casinos, online slots essentially look and play the same. Click the “Spin” button and the random number generator in the software decides what’s going to show up on the paylines.
But it’s not just the environment that separates live and online slots. Online slots are different the three fundamental ways. These differences make it possible to win over the long run with good online slot strategy, whereas you can only rarely win in the long run on land-based casino slots. The differences are:
1. Online slot players have a lot more options. Literally hundreds of different types of slot machines to choose from at the click of a mouse.
2. Online slot players get free bonus money. And this is where your winnings come from.
3. Online slots are set looser. And having the house edge set lower on online slots lets you keep more of your bonuses; sometimes four to six percent more payback than if you play in land-based casinos.
So to break it down, the approach to win at online slots is a four-part method that starts with the above three important factors.
Taking Online Slots for a Spin
Find a single payline, two-coin machine with an 800 coins to 2,000 coins jackpot and a pay table featuring a good range of medium-sized payouts. You’re looking for a pay table where the payouts for one-coin play are something like this: (from highest to lowest):
800 - 80 - 50 - 30 - 20 - 15 - 10 - 5 - 2
Machines with this type of pay table give you a chance to get ahead.
Wins in the medium payout range occur more frequently, because most of the money doesn’t have to go toward building that giant jackpot.
To succeed overall, you need patience and stamina. Going after those mid-range payouts enables you to stretch your playing time without having to deposit additional money—simply recycle your winnings. The longer you can re-circulate your starting bankroll, the better your chances of eventually lining up the jackpot combination.